Wednesday 24 December 2008


Well, as you know today is December 24, and today is the day wich some of my family and me celebrate the Caga Tió.

It's a Christmas tradition of Catalonia. My little cousins get a trunk, they snag a legs, and finally they paint a face at the trunk and they put a blanket over it, so that it can't take cold jaja!

Then they have to feed the trunk until it arrives on the 24th. They give him chocolat, bread, cookies... and mandarins (the favourite fruit of my uncle jajaja!)

When the 24th arrives, all my cousins take a wooden stick and they hit the trunk with full force, so then the tió poop little gifts for everyone. They also sing a song while they are hitting the turnk and I can't remember wich song is now, cause every year is changing jajaja.
The Tió poops chocolate, sweets, and some other little presents. If they've fed well the Tió, then it'll poop more jajaja

I remember when I was a child and I used to hit the Tió, it was very exciting and I enjoyed a lot hitting the trunk. Now I can't believe how my little cousins don't realize that there's some traps jajaja!

Well, that's all for today..




Anna.

No comments: