Thursday 13 November 2008

SID VICIOUS


I want to talk about this character, because I don't know exactly why, but I admire him. Sid Vicious was the bassist of the British punk band Sex Pistols. He was involved in the birth of punk but died of a drug overdose at only 21 years.

Vicious was born in London on May 10 of 1957. First he lived in Ibiza, where his mother worked of drug trafficker. Later they movoed to London. From childhood, Sid was always fascinated by characters who quickly achieved fame and they die young.

He was the most fanatical of the Sex Pistols and he was friend of Johnny Rotten, the singer. Johnny asked him if he wanted to join the group, and he accepted, although he didn't know to play the bass, but he learned. He became the pure face of punk.

He met the groupie Nancy Spungen, and they started a relationship. She showed him the heroin, and became dependent on heroin, from that moment everything got worse. This affected Sid Vicious and also to the whole group, which was separated during their tour of the United States in 1978.


On October 12, 1978, someone murdered Nancy and Sid was arrested and charged with her murder, but for lack of evidence they had to leave him free.



After some time Sid died of an overdose of heroin, which provided him with his mother.



Sid was controversial, libertine, visionary and provocative. I think I admire his attitude, although I regret that because of his girlfriend, he addicted to heroin and wasted his life. However, he was a true icon of the punk movement, and I think that without Sid, Sex Pistols would never be the same.


I'm still looking for reasons, but I don't know entirely yet why I admire him so much, jajaja!




Bye!



Anna.

No comments: